A sweater dress can elevate sweater weather. A sweater dress is basically a long version knitted sweater. The hemline can extend from the mid-thigh to the ankle.
The sweater dress is a great outfit, and it’s easy to make into a complete look. You can easily update your footwear, belts, and outerwear to keep it looking new.
This cozy-chic style is timeless, but this buying guide will help you to keep up with the latest trends and styling tips.
This article includes: CPink Queen Women’s Loose Turtleneck Oversize Pullover Sweater, Glamaker Women’s Long Sleeve Ribbed Midi Sweater Dress and Grace Karin Women’s Wrap V-neck Sweater.
What are the different types of sweater dresses?
Although a basic sweater dress may look a lot like an over-sized sweater, there are many styles within the sweater dress family. These are the best styles:
- Classicsweater dress ends just above or below the knee. They are often loose and large in silhouette. This allows for greater comfort. This otherwise slim cut can be enhanced by a belt to create a defined waist.
- Minisweater dress hits above the knee, but usually features a fitted-and-flared cut. You can also find ultra-form-fitting bodycon mini sweater dresses.
- Midisweater dress features hemlines that reach a conservative mid-calf length. These will keep you warm and toasty in winter. Midi styles that are more form-fitting look better, while cocoon silhouettes have a more casual feel.
- Maxi sweaters offer warmth and coverage that reaches down to the ankle. These can be fitted or looser-fitting. Some have belts. Longline dresses can get very warm.
- Wrap sweater dress are a flattering alternative to most pullover sweater dresses. Wrap the knitted material around the dress to wrap it tightly in the front. They should be tied at the waist.
- Cutout sweater dress are fashionable and show a little skin, but they still look classy. Cutouts can be found at the hip, waistline, shoulder, or back.
- Cardigan sweater dress are a trendy style that features buttons down the front. The neck is usually a V-neck. However, buttons are also found on some polo-style sweaters. They don’t reach the hemline.
MATERIALS AND KNIT
Acrylic sweater dresses can be as expensive as wool. They can also mimic the look of wool or blends of rayon, cotton, and polyester. Although woolen dresses are warmest, they can be expensive. There are many wool blends that can be purchased at a lower cost. Cashmere sweater is the most expensive woolen material. There are many options for sweater dresses, from thin ribbed knits to thicker cable knits. Flat knits are also available.
NECKLINE & SLEEVES
You have a variety of options when choosing a sweater dress style. High necks are very popular. They keep you warm, but they are not ideal for someone who is hot. Most sweater dresses feature long sleeves. Puff-sleeves are a popular style, including balloon and lantern sleeves. Short-sleeved and sleeveless sweater dresses are less common.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TYPE A SWEATER DRESS
Many people find that belting a sweater dress’ waist is important and fashionable. You can wear sweater dresses with or without tights, but leggings and leggings look great. Tall or ankle boots, depending on how long your dress is, are appropriate for fall. To dress up knits, you can wear heels or down your sneakers with heels. Short jackets such as those made for moto style are great with sweater dresses. You can rock a long coat if the hemline is longer than your dress.